Coffee Houses of Budapest Tour
€ 45.00 Adult / € 35.00 Child
Tours must be booked in advance by email to foodtourbudapest⌭gmail.com and you must state you hold a citis2go pass.
Minimum 2 people required for tour to operate. 2 hours walking. All tastings are in covered places, comfortably seated
You may upgrade to the Culinary Walking Tour or Basilica Food Tour by paying the difference in cost between the value of this tour and your chosen tour, directly to the tour operator.
On this 2 hour walking tour you will experience a part of Hungarian history. During this tour we would like to introduce you to the old time café culture of Budapest. We will also visit a new coffee shop, that is popular among the locals. Find out why coffee houses were, and still are, important meeting points in the everyday life of the writers and artists, who formed our culture. See the future venues of coffee culture of this vibrant and exciting city. Taste delicious cakes, and hear the old inventions of Hungarian culinary legends, that conquered the world.
On this tour:
- You will taste some delicious cakes and a unique Hungarian spirit/wine, in two historical and one new trendy café
- You will experience Budapest from a new angle
- You will take a sip of pálinka or wine of your choice, just like Hungarians do
- You will try some great Hungarian cheeses and salami in a historical café
- You will taste delicious cakes in the best confectionary shop in Budapest
- You will be introduced to the milestones of Hungarian culinary culture
- You will try great coffees and hot chocolate made by one of the best chocolate manufacturers in Hungary
- You will have all alcoholic, non-alcoholic drinks, cakes, maps, suggestions on hot spots, included in the price
- You will interact with our local personal guide, who is always happy to share his/her passion for food over some delicious entreés and cakesCoffee Houses of Budapest
Budapest explore1day Pass
We are constantly expanding and enriching our offers. Stay up to date by registering for our regular newsletter.